Wednesday 14 January 2009

Jukebox jury

At some point I am going to write a post about my favourite pub jukeboxes. But, before that, this Saturday myself and a friend are going to go on a pub crawl and find a pub in Nottingham with a decent jukebox. Whether such a place exists any more, or has passed into the mythology is another matter. Whether it's too cold to move from the first pub we go to on Saturday might also warp our findings, but I can't be held responsible for the weather, now can I?

I shall report back. I'd be interested to hear other people's jukebox hotspots, mind.

3 comments:

Marianthi said...

Remember that pub we went to in Manchester? Their jukebox was quite good as far as pub jukeboxes go. I think we spent about a tenner on the Smiths.

Pete Green said...

Ah, the Barge. And the afternoons I spent in there when 'Asleep' by The Smiths was followed on the jukebox by Sham 69's 'Hurry up Harry'.

A layer of chips said...

Aww, yeah, that jukebox in that pub in Manchester was almost too good, Marianthi!

Pete - you should hear the jukebox in the Barge these days. You'd weep. I always remember the one in Swigs being quite good, too. That's disappeared now. They still have the same tables as nearly 20 years ago, mind. Mucky pups.