Friday 6 February 2009

Long live dreams

I was rummaging through some old cds this morning, and I came across the second Pinkie album, Sharon Fussy.

Alex Sharkey is Pinkie, (he used to be in Fosca, you know) and he seems to have disappeared from view, which is a great shame. Or at least I think it is. Bith Pinkie albums, My Little Experiment and Sharon Fussy are right up my street, because they're full of melancholy songs about doomed relationships, feelings and the general human condition. And the music reflects that wonderfully.

In the same way that I can sing my heart out to Lovejoy or Brighter or Harper Lee because they sing about Proper Stuff in a way some dullfuck like Chris Martin could only dream about when he's writing on his hand of an afternoon. And like Lovejoy, Brighter and Harper Lee, Pinkie are hardcore.

Pinkie's myspace page says a new download ep came out last autumn, but it doesn't seem to be on Planting Seeds Records' website anywhere. If anyone knows anything more, I'd be ever do grateful.

1 comment:

martijn said...

You made me listen to Pinkie for the first time in half a decade or so! Thanks x