Sunday 1 February 2009

Keeping up with the Aislers Set

The first cd-r ep is somehow expanding into an album. Or a mini-album at least, with some wonderful exclusive tracks promised, which is really nice of people.

Anyway, what I really came here to mither about: you know when there's a revered band you've never heard a note of? Well, that's always been the case with Aislers Set for me. So, in the spirit of international pop co-operation, Marianthi made me a terrific cd full of their stuff.

I had a listen to it this morning whilst polishing stuff in the back room in preparation for my Mum coming to visit, and realised that I recognised nearly the half the tracks from heaven knows where. Well, I've got one single that was released on Fortuna Pop! ages ago, but have - criminally - never got round to listening to it.

So, I guess I've heard these songs at pop nights or a DJ has played them between bands, or something. But it made me feel mighty daft, whatever.

So, yeah, I've been a massive Aislers Set fan for years. I've been that big a fan that I don't need to play their records to know how great they are.

I'm sure there are other bands that everyone deems essential that I've never, ever heard, too, but they escape me right now.

5 comments:

Dennis said...

You've been a massive Aislers Set? Start making some new music then, quickly please!

I probably love this band more than any other band.

A layer of chips said...

Ahem. What are you talking about, Dennis?...

Dennis said...

Making me look like a fool again, hm? Ah well.

For a second there I was expecting/hoping this post to be about you releasing new Aislers Set material. Which would have been amazing/impossible.

A layer of chips said...

Ha! Completely impossible, I'm afraid. Sorry.

Sneedy McCreedy said...

Is it just me or do the Aislers sound a lot like Crayon Fields - or vice versa?