Friday 17 April 2009

Songs that saved your life, part two

I'm not going to rattle on about this song for too long, because it would do it an injustice. Suffice to say that, back in 1990, when things were particularly shite in the Chips household in North East Lincolnshire, or Humberside as then was, then this song made getting out of bed and going to work on an oil refinery just about worthwhile.

Kurt Ralske is beautiful in this video - there's no doubt about that. And when those guitars kick in, it takes me back to Laceby and being on my own and heaving this up to ten on my Dad's Kenwood turntable. And just singing along like my 16 year old life depended on it.

And then, of course, it was off to see Town the next day. Happy, happy, sad, sad times...

4 comments:

Ben G said...

A beautiful man, and a beautiful song. You are spoiling us.

String Bean Jen said...

The quality of the video is quite grainy and the internet here is mega slow today but I think that maybe he looks like Pete Green with a DIY dye job. :-)

A layer of chips said...

Don't inflate Green's ego even more!

String Bean Jen said...

He knows I love touching his hair!